We are excited to announce our third Live Challenge of 2018! Charity Challenges Live events, like this one, have 100% of their net proceeds donated to the listed charity.
Goal: Complete as many leg levers and diamond push-ups as you can between 8/1/2018 and 9/30/2018. Earn your tab (see Tab Requirements below.)
Charity Benefited: Run Far
Registration Opens: 7/21/2018
Prices Changes #1: 8/7/2018
Prices Changes #2: 8/15/2018
Registration Closes: 8/31/2018
Challenge Starts: 8/1/2018
Challenge Ends: 9/30/2018
Logging Closes: 10/6/2018
- Leg levers must use proper form. (Video Tutorial)
- Diamond push ups must use proper form. (Video Tutorial)
- One diamond push up = one diamond push up and one leg lever = one leg lever regardless of any additional weight used during the exercise. No rep adjustments are made for extra weight.
- Honor system is in effect. No video proof required.
If you are unable to safely complete a diamond push-up then you can attempt incline diamond push-ups. Incline diamond push-ups are where your hands are on a block, box, or other object so that they are above your feet. This is an easier version and you should be reducing the incline as you can until there is no incline and you are doing standard diamond push-ups. If you cannot do incline diamond push-ups then work through knee diamond push-ups with the goal of working to an incline diamond push-up. Only do these variations if you are unable to complete an actual diamond push-up.
There will be a shield patch for participation and four tabs for achieving set goals. There are no physical goods associated with “Virtual Patch Only” level however they may be purchased separately from the store. The tabs are for:
- Diamond Tab: Complete 2,500 diamond push ups.
- Leg Lever Tab: Complete 5,000 leg levers.
- Summer Complete Tab: Complete both 2,500 diamond push ups and 5,000 leg levers.
- Mettle Forger Tab: Complete 6,000 diamond push ups and 12,000 leg levers. This tab is in memory of Charity Challenges Co-Founder Kirk “Mettle Forger” Deligiannis.
How It Works
Charity Challenges hosts virtual events which are events that you can do wherever you want. Each event has a set duration (this one runs from 8/1/2018 – 9/30/2018) where you will try and complete the challenge. We have built out a system so that you can log your exercises on the website for tracking your goals.
We’ve built the Charity Challenges experience to be as simple for you as possible. Here’s a basic breakdown on how this challenge works:
- Register for the event.
- Starting 8/1/2018 log your diamond push ups and leg levers completed to your Charity Challenges account.
- Celebrate in your success on 9/1/2018!
Have any specific questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page.
Proceeds are made up of the Event Cost – Stripe/PayPal Fees – Patch Costs – Shipping Costs – Fulfillment Fees.
Below are rough estimates, based on previous events, of how much will be donated per entry:
Virtual: $10 – $0.59 – $0 – $0 – $0 = $9.41 Donated
USA: $20 – $0.88 – $3 – $2.73 – $2.50 = $10.89 Donated
International: $25 – $1.03 – $3 – $5 – $2.50 = $13.47 Donated
Stripe/PayPal Fees: Based on standard 2.9% + $0.30 fee.
Patch Costs: Estimated based on previous Charity Challenges events.
Shipping Costs: Based on current USPS First Class & USPS First Class International Package rates.
Fulfillment Fees: Held by Charity Challenges & based on lowest competitive market price.