We are excited to announce our second Live Challenge of 2019! Charity Challenges Live events, like this one, have 100% of their net proceeds donated to the listed charity.
Registration Opens: 4/19/2019
First Price Increase: 5/7/2019
Second Price Increase: 5/15/2019
Registration Closes: 5/31/2019
Challenge Starts: 5/1/2019
Challenge Ends: 6/30/2019
Logging Closes: 7/6/2019
This is the first time we have chosen a non-military charity. Cadre Josh (aka Cadre Roony) was a member of the Charity Challenges Community, a GORUCK Cadre, and an Army Ranger. The Snowdrop Foundation was very special to him and every year he would run a custom GORUCK event to raise money for them. With the passing of Cadre Roony in early April it felt right for the money raised through the 2019 Spring Challenge to go towards the charity he was so passionate about. More information on the Snowdrop Foundation can be found on their website. To learn more about Cadre Josh or to donate directly to his two young sons through a GoFundMe account set up by his family, see here.
- For lunges each down and up (single leg lunge) counts as one rep.
- Pull-ups can be assisted for the pull-up tab. Pull-ups cannot be assisted for the Mettle Forger tab.
- Strict pull-ups (and variations of strict pull-ups) are allowed.
- Honor system is in effect. No video proof required.
There will be a shield patch for participation and four tabs. The tabs will be for:
- Pull-Up Tab: Complete 1,000 pull-ups.
- Lunge Tab: Complete 5,000 lunges.
- Spring Complete Tab: Complete both 1,000 pull-ups and 5,000 lunges.
- Mettle Forger Tab: Complete 2,000 unassisted pull-ups and 10,000 lunges. This tab is in memory of Charity Challenges Co-Founder Kirk “Mettle Forger” Deligiannis.
How It Works
Charity Challenges hosts virtual events which are events that you can do wherever you want. Each event has a set duration (this one runs from 5/1/2019 – 6/30/2019) where you will try and complete the challenge. We have built out a system so that you can log your exercises on the website for tracking your goals.
We’ve built the Charity Challenges experience to be as simple for you as possible. Here’s a basic breakdown on how this challenge works:
- Register for the event.
- Starting 5/1/2019 log your lunges and pull-ups completed to your Charity Challenges account.
- Celebrate in your success on 7/1/2019!
Have any specific questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page.