We are excited to announce our second Live Challenge of 2018! Charity Challenges Live events, like this one, have 100% of their net proceeds donated to the listed charity.
Goal: Complete as much wall sit and as many 8-count body builders as you can between 5/1/2018 and 6/30/2018. Earn your tab (see Tab Requirements below.)
Charity Benefited: Operation One Voice
Registration Opens: 4/21/2018
Prices Changes to $35: 5/7/2018
Prices Changes to $40: 5/15/2018
Registration Closes: 5/31/2018
Challenge Starts: 5/1/2018
Challenge Ends: 6/30/2018
Logging Closes: 7/6/2018
- Wall sits must use proper form. Here’s an example.
- 8-count body builders must use proper form. No weight is required. Here’s an example, no ruck required.
- One 8-count body builder = one 8-count body builder and one second of wall sit = one second of wall sit regardless of any additional weight used during the exercise. No rep adjustments are made for extra weight.
- Honor system is in effect. No video proof required.
There will be a shield patch for participation and four tabs for achieving set goals. The tabs are for:
- Wall Sit Tab: Complete 180 minutes of wall sit.
- 8-Ct Body Builder Tab: Complete 3,000 8-count body builders.
- Spring Complete Tab: Complete both 180 minutes of wall sit and 3,000 8-count body builders.
- Mettle Forger Tab: Complete 360 minutes of wall sit and 6,000 8-count body builders. This tab is in memory of Charity Challenges Co-Founder Kirk “Mettle Forger” Deligiannis.
How It Works
Charity Challenges hosts virtual events which are events that you can do wherever you want. Each event has a set duration (this one runs from 5/1/2018 – 6/30/2018) where you will try and complete the challenge. We have built out a system so that you can log your exercises on the website for tracking your goals.
We’ve built the Charity Challenges experience to be as simple for you as possible. Here’s a basic breakdown on how this challenge works:
- Register for the event.
- Starting 5/1/2018 log your wall sit time and 8-count body builders completed to your Charity Challenges account.
- Celebrate in your success on 7/1/2018!
Have any specific questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page.
Proceeds are made up of the Event Cost – Stripe/PayPal Fees – Patch Costs – Shipping Costs – Fulfillment Fees.
Below are rough estimates, based on previous events, of how much will be donated per entry:
Virtual: $10 – $0.59 – $0 – $0 – $0 = $9.41 Donated
USA: $20 – $0.88 – $3 – $2.73 – $2.50 = $10.89 Donated
International: $30 – $1.22 – $7.50 – $5 – $2.50 = $13.78 Donated
Stripe/PayPal Fees: Based on standard 2.9% + $0.30 fee.
Patch Costs: Estimated based on previous Charity Challenges events.
Shipping Costs: Based on current USPS First Class & USPS First Class International Package rates.
Fulfillment Fees: Held by Charity Challenges & based on lowest competitive market price.