We are excited to announce our second Live Challenge of 2018! Charity Challenges Live events, like this one, have 100% of their net proceeds donated to the listed charity.
Goal: Complete as much wall sit and as many 8-count body builders as you can between 5/1/2018 and 6/30/2018. Earn your tab (see Tab Requirements below.)
Charity Benefited: Operation One Voice
Registration Opens: 4/21/2018
Prices Changes to $35: 5/7/2018
Prices Changes to $40: 5/15/2018
Registration Closes: 5/31/2018
Challenge Starts: 5/1/2018
Challenge Ends: 6/30/2018
Logging Closes: 7/6/2018
- Wall sits must use proper form. Here’s an example.
- 8-count body builders must use proper form. No weight is required. Here’s an example, no ruck required.
- One 8-count body builder = one 8-count body builder and one second of wall sit = one second of wall sit regardless of any additional weight used during the exercise. No rep adjustments are made for extra weight.
- Honor system is in effect. No video proof required.
There will be a shield patch for participation and four tabs for achieving set goals. The tabs are for:
- Wall Sit Tab: Complete 180 minutes of wall sit.
- 8-Ct Body Builder Tab: Complete 3,000 8-count body builders.
- Spring Complete Tab: Complete both 180 minutes of wall sit and 3,000 8-count body builders.
- Mettle Forger Tab: Complete 360 minutes of wall sit and 6,000 8-count body builders. This tab is in memory of Charity Challenges Co-Founder Kirk “Mettle Forger” Deligiannis.
How It Works
Charity Challenges hosts virtual events which are events that you can do wherever you want. Each event has a set duration (this one runs from 5/1/2018 – 6/30/2018) where you will try and complete the challenge. We have built out a system so that you can log your exercises on the website for tracking your goals.
We’ve built the Charity Challenges experience to be as simple for you as possible. Here’s a basic breakdown on how this challenge works:
- Register for the event.
- Starting 5/1/2018 log your wall sit time and 8-count body builders completed to your Charity Challenges account.
- Celebrate in your success on 7/1/2018!
Have any specific questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page.
Proceeds are made up of the Event Cost – Stripe/PayPal Fees – Patch Costs – Shipping Costs – Fulfillment Fees.
Below are rough estimates, based on previous events, of how much will be donated per entry:
Virtual: $10 – $0.59 – $0 – $0 – $0 = $9.41 Donated
USA: $20 – $0.88 – $3 – $2.73 – $2.50 = $10.89 Donated
International: $30 – $1.22 – $7.50 – $5 – $2.50 = $13.78 Donated
Stripe/PayPal Fees: Based on standard 2.9% + $0.30 fee.
Patch Costs: Estimated based on previous Charity Challenges events.
Shipping Costs: Based on current USPS First Class & USPS First Class International Package rates.
Fulfillment Fees: Held by Charity Challenges & based on lowest competitive market price.
Roger Winters says
Dudes, I went to sign up for the Spring Challenge 2018 and I still couldn’t find my team, TEAM RUBICON, in the team directory.
I have no idea who are the team above, Operation One Voice, and I don’t wish to donate to a team that I don’t even know. This same issue existed in the Winter Challenge. My 01/29/18 email below.
Is this oversight being corrected or should I skip this challenge?? Thanks,
Brian Lohr says
No oversight I think there’s just a misunderstanding between the challenges and how the teams work. The challenges dictate which charity the money is going to not the teams that users are on. The Winter Challenge 2018 had 100% of the net proceeds donated to TEAM RUBICON. The 1,000 Mile Challenge 2018 has 100% of its net proceeds being donated to Team RWB and the Green Beret Foundation. The Spring Challenge 2018 will have 100% of its net proceeds going to Operation One Voice.
The “teams” that members can join are just for fun so that they can compete with other teams that have been created. The teams have no impact on where the money for the challenge is going.
If you don’t want to support Operation One Voice then you will probably want to skip this event. They do have some amazing programs and are worth checking out. I hope that helps!